My Recommendations: Ten Thai Restaurant Dishes in Chicago

Please follow this link to Serious Eats Chicago to find out the subjective and idiosyncratic criteria I use when eating out at a Thai restaurant. There’s so much more to say about the subject, and I didn’t even begin to scratch the surface with what I’ve said. Also, there are many more Thai restaurant dishes (in the US) which I’d like to recommend to you. But I hope this will do for now.

[For those who are curious, the photo above is the beef curry noodles from Rosded in Chicago. To make something similar to that, you can follow my slow-cooker beef curry noodles recipe and add some chopped roasted peanuts to it at the end.]

My thanks go to Nick Kindelsperger for his trust in me, his editorial touch, and the formatting of the post.

7 Responses to My Recommendations: Ten Thai Restaurant Dishes in Chicago

1. Anonymous July 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Somehow missed that U are a Chicago girl. Thanks for the dish and restaurant picks. My Kaffir Lime tree is now a year and a half old and has lots of leaves. It survived the winter indoors and loves this heat. I have the only Kaffir Lime tree in Lake Co I imagine and have enough leaves to supply several restaurants. Keep the great recipe ideas coming and thanks again for sharing the nuances of Thai cuisine with all of us home cooks. Gin

2. Amber July 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Sent my husband the link and he tried the squid with pickled eggs for lunch today. He said it was fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation.

3. Admin July 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

Amber – Oh, this makes me happy!

4. Devils Den July 12, 2012 at 6:18 am #

I’m salivating while staring at these scrumptious- looking Thai dishes. I’m crazy about the Chopped Beef Salad which I first tasted in one of the restaurants in Bangkok during my Thai travel. I guess its not necessary then to be in Thailand just to taste these amazing food.

5. Cafetería July 14, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

Recently I visited the restaurant and I was pretty happy, good food and pleasant service. I recommend to everyone.

6. Coco August 24, 2012 at 10:34 am #

When I saw this post, I started nibbling on my fingernails…

My husband and I lived in Chicago for about a year, and we trekked down to Siam Noodle and Rice almost every week!

I’m extremely happy to see that it has made your list (albeit, I haven’t tried the specific dish) – I feel just a little more justified in thinking that I scouted out an authentic hole-in-the-wall…

7. Margaret Swift February 10, 2013 at 10:58 pm #

I am new to your site and I have made your “Mom’s Thai Satay Sauce” and wow I got a winner here, I’ll be back to your website your recipes sound amazing and remind us of our time in Thailand.

My husband said when he tasted the sauce “that’s the satay sauce that gives me fond memories of Thailand”. Makes you want to go back and experience it all over again.