Remember khao man gai (RTGS: khao man kai)? If it’s been a while since you last made it, or if you’ve never made it at all, maybe I can encourage you to visit that old post? (Oh my word, the post is five and a half years old now. Time flies.)
Archive | She Simmers RSS feed for this section
I had a chance to visit Macau for the first time as an adult this past summer. After the first few hours there, I realized I should have planned a longer stay. I ate as well and variedly as I could, but even so I barely scratched the surface in terms of what this place has to offer. There is so much to see, experience, and eat there.
One of the places that everyone had told me to visit is Henri’s Galley, a little old-school restaurant that serves traditional Macanese dishes. It’s a little out of the way, they said, but it’s good. And, oh, they added, you gotta have the African chicken, the restaurant’s flagship dish. Continue Reading →
Remember when the Zealous Water Buffalo told you many months ago that I was writing a book? Well, it’s done. Simple Thai Food: Classic Recipes from the Thai Home Kitchen won’t be available until around mid-May, but if you preorder it now, you will be among the first people to get it.
That’s not all, if you preorder the book now, you will be given access to a video tutorial on how to make red curry from scratch, from the homemade paste to the finished dish. I do not intend on making this video public on the blog or elsewhere, at least within the next year or so. So it will be available immediately to only the early birds among you and no one else. So, please be sure to keep the email confirmation from your bookseller of choice (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound, iBooks, and Google Books) when you preorder.
You have until Thai New Year (April 13) to do so which is when I will tell you how to redeem your gift.
But first, let me tell you a bit about the book so you know what you’re investing in. In keeping with the theme of simplicity, I will sum up this book into one sentence. Continue Reading →
Enter your email to subscribe:
- A Tote Bag for Your Thoughts December 20, 2014
- Khao Man Gai Encore ข้าวมันไก่ (มาอีกแล้ว) December 19, 2014
- My Holiday Gift Recommendations for Cooks and Bakers November 28, 2014
- Roasted Turkey with Thai Aromatic Paste November 17, 2014
- Northern Thailand and Northeastern Thailand (Isan) Are Two Different Regions November 14, 2014
- African Chicken (Galinha à Africana) in the style of Henri’s Galley November 3, 2014
- Hot Soppressata Macaroni & Cheese with Crispy Leeks October 23, 2014
- Mon Dipping Sauce (น้ำปลามอญ) by Ong Bunjoon September 28, 2014