When the Tommy Atkins mangoes are all I can find, I make this jam. Continue Reading →
Archive | She Jams and Pickles RSS feed for this section
You could use them to make Thai sweet chili sauce. Or homemade Thai Sriracha, perhaps? Other than those, there is this jelly version of Thai sweet chili sauce. The Thai sweet chili jelly recipe can be found on this week’s installment of My Thai, my cooking column on Serious Eats.
Apple season is about to begin in North America. And you know what that means: we’ve officially entered a period in which strawberries become mediocre. I wouldn’t recommend that you do anything to strawberries when they’re at their peak, but at a time like this, I think this kind of intervention is appropriate.
This makes a great topping for ice cream, pancakes and waffles, cake, plain panna cotta, etc. The mixture keeps for a week, refrigerated and in an airtight container. Continue Reading →
Enter your email to subscribe:
- Khao Chae (ข้าวแช่) April 12, 2017
- Sample Recipes from Bangkok Cookbook March 17, 2017
- Bangkok: Recipes and Stories from the Heart of Thailand March 11, 2017
- Sweet and Sour Red Curry of Water Spinach and Pork Belly (Kaeng The-pho) from Immm Rice & Beyond in Chicago March 6, 2017
- The Rice-Curry Shops (Ran Khao Kaeng) of Bangkok: Take Them for What They Are February 7, 2017
- Braised Brisket in Tamarind-Palm Sugar Sauce September 14, 2016
- Coconut Sticky Rice with Jackfruit June 23, 2016
- Strawberry-Lychee Jam June 3, 2016