…e situation by bringing back these obscure dishes. Though you can’t really label this notion and its implications false, this view is, in my opinion, grossly narrow. The royal cuisine — if there’s truly such a separate class (M.L. Sirichalerm Svasti, better known as Chef McDang, does not believe so) — is only a minuscule […]
Search results for "label/She Thais"
…ffer a version of it in a small glass jar. (Look for the word narog on the label which is how these brands romanize the Thai word for hell. And don’t be confused if you see that they all call this condiment a chili paste even though there’s nothing pasty about it. Thai brands tend […]
…. The only brand I’ve used is Healthy Boy, but it’s mostly because I grew up with that little boy in red onesies holding a bottle on the label and it’s too late to break that bond now….
Enter your email to subscribe:
- Subscribe to The Epestle to Receive New Posts June 30, 2021
- Stir-Fried Pork and Chinese Olives on Rice March 10, 2021
- Charred Cabbage with Spicy Dressing March 3, 2021
- Empty Mortar, Sagging Boobs, and How a Clean Heart Aids Fermentation February 26, 2021
- Sweet Fermented Rice February 17, 2021
- Shoe, Prime Minister, and Brandied Green Curry February 13, 2021
- Introducing THE EPESTLE February 13, 2021
- Bury Me in Nam Phrik: Mike Sula’s Exploration of Thai Relishes (Plus Salted Soybean-Pork Rind Relish Recipe) May 1, 2018